This amazing Quinoa Chopped Salad is loaded with flavor from the crispy herbed chickpeas, crunchy pancetta and my favorite champagne vinaigrette.
For the chicken:
- 6 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (halved)
- 3/4 cup Herbed Crispy Chickpeas
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped avocado
- 4 cups chopped romaine or other lettuce
- 2 tbsp cooked pancetta or bacon, optional
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
- Heat a grill to medium heat.
- Drizzle the chicken breasts with olive oil and season with the salt and pepper. Sprinkle with herbs and lemon juice. Grill for 6 minutes per side. Cool slightly and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- While the chicken is cooking combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk together to combine. Divide the dressing between two large mason jars.
- Add half of the tomatoes to each jar, then add the chicken. Continue to layer in ingredients by adding the chickpeas, quinoa, avocado and blue cheese. Finish with the lettuce. Once the jar is full, seal with the lid and place in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- When ready to serve, open the jar and pour the contents into a large plate or bowl. Top with almonds and pancetta (if desired).