This parfait combines quinoa, fresh cranberry sauce, toasted almonds and European yogurt for a seasonal, healthy breakfast on-the-go!
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2/3 cup fresh cranberry sauce
- 6 oz European, or other, plain yogurt
- Add the water and quinoa to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking heat a small non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add the almonds and toast for 8-10 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to ensure they toast evenly.
- Divide the quinoa between two mason jars, or serving dishes, add the cranberry and yogurt. Top with toasted almonds. Serve, or store in the refrigerator for breakfast later in the week.
If storing the jars for a day or two I’d recommend leaving the almonds off until just before serving so they stay crunchy.