These tasty little toasts are an easy party appetizer that is sure to impress your guests!
- 40 – 45 grape or other small sweet tomatoes, (less than a pint, halved)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 40 baguette slices, about half a baguette
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- balsamic glaze, to taste
- Pre-heat your grill to medium-low heat.
- Add tomatoes, basil and olive oil to a small mixing bowl. Toss to coat.
- Brush or spray one side of each baguette slice with olive oil.
- Place a veggie grilling pan or basket on the grill and add the tomatoes. Place the baguette slices oil side face down on the grill. Cook both tomatoes and baguette for 6 minutes, until baguette is golden brown. Remove both from grill.
- Place the toasted baguette slices on a serving tray. Top with ricotta cheese and tomato (about 2 tomato pieces per slice). Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve immediately.
If you don’t have a veggie grilling pan you can place the tomatoes on aluminum foil on the grill.
- Serving Size: 2 crostini
- Calories: 180
Keywords: summer appetizer