What’s better than the garden fresh flavor you get from end of season tomatoes? That fresh flavor paired with DaVinci spaghetti to give you the perfect light end of summer meal!
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- 1 pint sweet grape tomatoes
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 garlic clove
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese, grated (about ⅓ cup)
- 1 cup Italian parsley leaves, plus additional for garnish
- 1 cup mini fresh mozzarella balls, cut in half
- 1/2 pound Davinci Signature Spaghetti
- chopped Italian parsley, for garnish
- Preheat a grill to medium heat (about 350°F).
- While the grill is preheating bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling and add the spaghetti. Cook for 11 minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving ½ cup of the pasta water.
- Add the walnuts to a non-stick pan over medium low heat. Toast for 5-6 minutes. Shaking periodically to ensure an even toast. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add the tomatoes, basil and 1 tbsp olive oil to a small mixing bowl. Toss to coat. Place a veggie grilling pan or basket on your grill and add the tomatoes. Cook tomatoes for 6 minutes. A few may “pop” as they cook. When done, remove from grill and let cool slightly.
- To make the pesto add the toasted walnuts to the bowl of a food processor fitted with a standard blade and pulse 4-5 times. Add the garlic and pulse a few more times. Add red pepper flakes, parmesan and parsley. Pulse until well combined. With the motor running, add the remaining olive oil and continue to process until fully blended.
- To prepare the dish, add the pasta to a large sauté pan over medium heat. Toss in the pesto and reserved pasta water, stirring to combine. Add the roasted tomatoes and heat for 1-2 minutes. Divide among four serving dishes and top with mozzarella and chopped Italian parsley. Serve immediately.