This shaved brussels sprout salad, topped with Marcona almonds and pancetta for extra crunch and flavor, is a simple yet delicious side dish.
For the salad:
- 2 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 2 cups shaved brussels sprouts, about 3/4 pound
- 1/2 cup Marcona almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon shallots, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook the pancetta. Heat a small skillet over medium-low heat; add pancetta and cook for 10-12 minutes or until crisp. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and place on a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Shred the Brussels sprouts. Remove the tough outer leaves from the brussels sprouts. Using a mandoline, shave the brussels sprouts (if you don’t have a mandoline, you can slice them by hand). Place shaved brussels sprouts in a medium bowl.
- Make the dressing. Whisk the vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, shallots, and pepper together in a small bowl. Add olive oil and whisk until combined.
- Assemble the salad. Add the almonds, lemon zest, and pancetta to the brussels sprouts. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Top with shaved parmesan before serving.