This shaved brussels sprout salad, topped with Marc0na almonds and pancetta for extra crunch and flavor, is a simple yet delicious side dish.
- 2 oz pancetta, chopped
- 2 cups shaved brussels sprouts, about 3/4 pound
- 1/2 cup Marcona almonds
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp shallots, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan
- Heat a small skillet over medium-low heat; add pancetta and cook for 10-12 minutes or until crisp. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and place on a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Remove the tough outer leaves from the brussels sprouts. Using a mandoline, shave the brussels sprouts (if you don’t have a mandoline, you can slice them by hand). Place shaved brussels sprouts in a medium bowl. Add the almonds, lemon zest and pancetta.
- Whisk the vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, shallots and pepper together in a small bowl. Add olive oil and whisk until combined. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Top with shaved parmesan before serving.