This udon noodle bowl is topped with grilled shrimp and a tasty miso sauce for a great weeknight dinner!
For the shrimp:
- 8 ounces peeled and deveined shrimp (uncooked)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
For the miso sauce:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons miso paste
- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
For the bowl:
- 1/4 cup jicama, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 ounce of Udon noodles
- 4 wonton wrappers, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small avocado, diced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Marinate the shrimp. Combine tequila through orange juice in a small bowl, whisking together. Place shrimp in a small ziplock bag and pour in marinade. Place in refrigerator and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill. While the shrimp is marinating, preheat grill to medium heat (about 350 degrees)
- Cook the noodles. While the shrimp is marinating, prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Make the miso sauce. To prepare the miso sauce, mix all ingredients but sesame oil in a small bowl until blended. Add sesame oil and whisk until combined.
- Cook the wonton strips. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a medium saucepan. Drop as many wonton strips as will fit into the pan; cook for about 20 seconds until strips begin to brown. Remove from oil with thongs and place on a plate lined with a paper towel to drain. Repeat with remaining wonton strips.
- Toss the noodles. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add noodles and miso sauce. Using tongs to mix, sauté for 2 minutes. Keep warm.
- Cook the shrimp. Remove the shrimp from the refrigerator and skewer, discarding any excess marinade. Place skewers on the preheated grill. Grill 3 minutes per side.
- Prepare the bowl. Divide noodles between two bowls, top with shrimp and remaining ingredients. Can be served hot or cold.
Keywords: summer appetizers, strawberry recipes