This simple recipe combines carrots with the unique flavors of cumin, honey and ricotta for a slightly sweet, amazing tasting side dish!
- 1 bunch baby carrots, with the tops on
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the carrots. Scrub the carrots to remove any dirt or stringy bits. If you like, carefully peel the carrots. Cut off any stringy ends at the bottom of the carrots.
- Roast the carrots. Mix the oil, 1 tbsp honey, cumin and salt. Arrange the carrots on the jelly roll pan and brush with the cumin mixture. Roast for 25 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Remove from oven. Add ricotta to a serving dish and top with carrots. Drizzle with remaining honey and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
Keywords: unique side dishes, fall veggies