These crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside Smashed Potatoes topped with pancetta and a butter sage sauce are one of my favorite side dishes!
- 2/3 pound fingerling potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 ounces thinly sliced pancetta (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix the salt and parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Add 1 tbsp of the minced sage; set aside.
- Scrub potatoes and place them in a medium saucepan; cover with water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes. Drain and dry potatoes.
- While potatoes are boiling, heat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta and cook for 5-6 minutes until lightly browned and crisp. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Place dry potatoes on a jelly roll pan or rimmed baking sheet. Using a meat tenderizer, or another heavy flat object, gently smash potatoes, trying to keep them in one piece as much as possible. Drizzle with olive oil, making sure to get some oil on each potato
- Bake for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, add the parmesan mixture and cooked pancetta to the potatoes, carefully tossing to coat. Return potatoes to oven and cook and additional 15 minutes, until crisp and golden brown on the edges.
- While the potatoes are baking, melt 1 tbsp butter in a small non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté for 2 minutes. Add flour and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Add wine, cream, broth and lemon juice. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Add remaining tablespoon of butter and cook until butter is melted; about 1 minute. Remove from heat, stir in sage, pepper and salt.
- Drizzle cooked potatoes with sage sauce and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1/3 of the recipe
- Calories: 312
- Protein: 5.6 grams