This Spicy Mexican Chicken makes a delicious base for tacos, quesadillas, burritos and much more!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
- 1/2 of a yellow onion, vertically sliced
- 12 ounces beer
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- juice of one small lime
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place chicken through sea salt in a medium dutch oven; bring to a boil. Cover and lower heat to simmer. Cook 20 minutes, until chicken is tender. Remove from pan and let cool slightly. Discard remaining broth etc from boiling.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken and return to pan. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and keep warm if using immediately or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for later use.