Tender and juicy chicken breasts get coated in a sticky sweet Asian sauce then crisped up on the grill for an easy summer meal that’s full of flavor and ready in less than 30 minutes.
For the chicken:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
For the coleslaw:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- pinch of ground ginger
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- In a small bowl mix the soy sauce, peanut butter, sugar, vinegar, garlic, oil, hot sauce and pepper. Stir with a fork until the peanut butter is incorporated. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the sauce for serving.
- Add the chicken and the remaining sauce to a zip-top plastic bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (since this is not an acidic marinade you can leave it longer if you want).
- While the chicken is marinating preheat a grill to medium-high heat (about 450°F).
- Grill the chicken for 6 minutes per side or until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached. Remove the chicken from the grill.
- While the chicken is grilling mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, lime juice, oil and ginger in a small mixing bowl. Add the coleslaw mixture and toss to coat.
- To serve, divide the coleslaw mixture between two plates. Top each salad with a chicken breast. Drizzle some of the reserved sauce over the top and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast + coleslaw
- Calories: 340
Keywords: Chicken, Sticky chicken