These stuffed peppers are cooked on the grill and combine pearl couscous and fresh veggies for a light summer meal!
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Pearl Couscous
- 4 orange or yellow bell peppers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup Cherubs or grape tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (use any combination you like)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried shallots
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- dash ground black pepper
- dash dried lemon peel
- Preheat grill to medium heat, about 350°F.
- In a medium saucepan bring the water to a boil. Add couscous and return to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove couscous from heat, keep covered and let cool.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and clean the insides by removing the membranes and seeds. Brush lightly with olive oil.
- Place the peppers on the grill; grill for 5 minutes then turn and grill an additional 3-5 minutes on each side until cooked. Remove from grill and let cool slightly.
- After the couscous has cooled slightly add the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, herbs, feta, bell pepper and ground pepper to the couscous pan. Mix well.
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt, vinegar, shallots, oregano, lemon juice, ground pepper, and lemon peel. Stir well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To assemble, place each pepper upright on a plate. Divide the couscous mixture among the four peppers. Drizzle with the yogurt sauce and serve immediately.
The peppers can be served warm or at room temperature.
Keywords: light summer dinner, grilled peppers