For the salad:
- 6 cups sourdough bread, cut into 1″ cubes (this is about 2/3 of a loaf)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 – 14 baby carrots, chopped
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut into half
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3–4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped
For the vinaigrette:
- 3/4 tsp Coleman’s or other dried mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp minced shallot
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Toast the bread. Place bread cubes on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Stir to coat. Toast for 15 – 20 minutes until lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Make the vinaigrette. In a small bowl combine the mustard, shallot, oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, sage, garlic, pepper, salt and sugar. Mix well. Add the vinegars and stir to combine. Whisk in the olive oil until blended.
- Make the salad. While the cubes are baking combine beans, carrots, mozzarella, tomatoes and blue cheese in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Toss the salad. TOnce the bread cubes are cool add them to the bowl with the veggies and mix well. Slowly pour the dressing over the salad and toss until everything is well coated. Place the salad in the refrigerator and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Add the toppings. Just before serving top with bacon, avocado and green onion.