Summer is a great time for fun, refreshing cocktails. These drinks featuring Q Drinks Ginger Beer give you lots of options for your summer cocktail needs!
So, have you heard of Q Drinks Ginger Beer?? Well, if you are a fan of cocktails or anything that calls for ginger beer, I would recommend going out to get some immediately! This is hands-down the best ginger beer I've had!
While I'd seen Q Drinks mixers at Whole Foods before, I'd never actually tasted them. Since I wasn't familiar I decided to start with a taste test between Q Drinks ginger beer and another brand - while I was working on the flavors for the cocktails of course! Q Drinks ginger beer was the clear winner, with a spicy, crisp ginger taste. They say it is best used as a mixer, and due to the strong ginger taste, I would agree, however if you are a ginger fan like I am, it is definitely drinkable on its own.
If you live anyplace where it's cold in the winter, you know summertime is a much-anticipated time of year. Here in Chicago, that means spending as much time outdoors as possible! I'm lucky enough to have a great outdoor space at my condo so I love entertaining on nice hot summer days and warm summer evenings. For me, this means cocktails, along with lots of great food! I'm a huge fan of summer cocktails! So I was super excited when the Q Drinks PR team asked me if I'd be interested in trying the ginger beer and making some cocktails.
Of course, a Dark & Stormy is the classic ginger beer cocktail, which supposedly has the color of ominous storm clouds you see out on the ocean. Being a sailor, I love this story, and am pretty fond of the cocktail as well, however thought I'd take the opportunity to concoct some other cool cocktails featuring this great ginger beer. I came up with the fun ideas listed below, however the possibilities are endless! All of the recipes below make one drink (just double or triple if you want more) and use 4.5oz of Q Drinks Ginger Beer.
I started with a summer favorite from my days traveling to London; a modified version of a Pimm's Cup. The ginger beer provides a nice balance to the slightly bitter taste of the Pimms.
Pimm's & Ginger Beer
- 1.5 oz Pimm's
- ½ bottle of Q ginger beer, 4.5 oz
- ¼ cup cut fruit, apples, oranges, lemon
- Add cut fruit to a glass (either a tall glass or a balloon wine glass will work best).
- Add the Pimm's and ginger beer; stir. Top with ice, preferably crushed.
Next is an adult version of lemonade, which gets a super lemony flavor from the combo of fresh lemon juice and Limoncello. This is a great drink for a hot, steamy summer day like today was! Just be careful - it's a little bit addicting!! If you want to make this one non-alcoholic, add a little extra lemon juice to make up for the lack of Limoncello.
Ginger Mint Lemonade
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons simple syrup
- 1 oz Limoncello
- 1 oz vodka
- ½ bottle Q ginger beer
- In a large glass, muddle the mint leaves in the simple syrup and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Add the rest of the lemon juice and stir well.
- Add the Limoncello and vodka; stir. Top with ginger beer.
- Add crushed ice, and if desired, garnish with mint leaves.
This is kinda like a traditional berry-based vodka-based drink but with the added twist of the spicy ginger beer. Very yummy and refreshing!
Ginger Berry Smash
- ¼ cup fresh berries, I used blackberries & raspberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- ½ bottle Q Ginger Beer
- 1 oz vodka
- In a cocktail shaker, smash the berries in the lemon juice and simple syrup. Strain into a glass.
- Add the ginger beer and vodka; stir. Top with ice and garish with additional fresh berries if desired.
It's like Long Island Iced Tea met an actual iced tea! Slightly spicy, with a great orange flavor, and the shot of dark rum makes it a great day-drinking cocktail. Also fantastic without the rum!!
Ginger Orange Iced Tea
- ½ bottle of Q ginger beer
- 6 oz brewed vanilla orange tea, cooled
- ½ teaspoon orange extract
- 1 oz dark rum
- Combine the ginger beer, tea, orange extract and rum in a cocktail shaker. Shake well to combine. Pour over ice.
Q Drinks beverages feature natural ingredients like agave nectar and ginger root, which makes them fresh tasting yet not too sweet. They are fairly widely available including Whole Foods, Binny's Beverage Depot (Chicagoland) and Target. Check their website for availability in your area.
Product samples were provided by Q Drinks, thoughts and opinions are my own.