This Thai Chicken Pizza combines the bright Thai flavors of peanut chicken, cilantro, hoisin sauce, peanuts and shredded carrots for a great way to infuse some fun into your weekly pizza night!
For the chicken:
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
For the pizza:
- 1 pizza dough (either store bought or from scratch)
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- 1/4 cilantro leaves, chopped
- Place a pizza stone or sheet pan in the oven on the lowest rack and preheat oven to 375°F. Leave the pizza stone in the oven for 30-60 minutes while you prep the pizza and cook the chicken.
- To make the marinade, add the peanut butter to a small microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for 10 seconds. Add the tamari, oils and ginger. Mix until smooth. Place the chicken in a ziptop bag and pour the marinade over the chicken, being sure it is well coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on a small baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken from the oven and increase oven temperature to 450°F. Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Lightly flour your work surface and roll out the pizza dough. Any shape is fine as long as it will fit on your pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Spread the hoisin sauce over the pizza dough, leaving room around edges. Top with cheese and chicken. Transfer the pizza to your preheated baking surface and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove pizza from the oven and top with carrots, sprouts, peanuts and cilantro. Slice and serve!
- If possible preheat your pizza stone for 60 minutes prior to baking your pizza.
- If you don’t have a pizza stone you can use a sheet pan, which you’ll want to preheat for 30 minutes. You won’t get as crisp of a crust but the pizza will still taste great!
Keywords: pizza night, weeknight dinner