This avocado toast gets a unique twist with additional toppings of lemon ricotta, kale micro greens and a sprinkle of everything bagel spice!
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1 large avocado
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup kale micro greens
- 1 teaspoon everything bagel spice
- Combine the lemon and ricotta in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside until ready to assemble the toast.
- Toast the bread to the desired doneness.
- While the bread is toasting scoop the avocado from the skin, discarding the pit, place it in a small bowl and mash with a fork.
- Coat a medium skillet with coconut cooking spray or oil. Crack the two eggs into the skillet and cook for 2-4 minutes until the desired doneness is reached. A slightly runny yolk is perfect for this recipe.
- To assemble the toast place one slice of bread on each of two plates. Top each slice with half of the ricotta. Top the ricotta with half of the avocado. Add the egg on top of the avocado. Finish by adding the microgreens and everything bagel spice.
I generally buy my everything bagel spice from Trader Joe’s but if you want to make your own check out this recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod.
- Serving Size: 1 toast
- Calories: 347
Keywords: easy weekday breakfast