These easy grilled chipotle turkey burgers are served with a side of a red-skinned potato salad to make a great summer meal.
For the potato salad:
- 2 pounds of red-skinned potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet yellow onion, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
For the turkey burgers:
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoon cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger buns
- Place potatoes in a large pot of boiling water; cook until tender, about 15 – 20 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and let cool slightly.
- While potatoes are cooking, combine mayonnaise, vinegar and mustard in a small bowl. Whisk until blended. Add tarragon, oregano, salt and pepper, mix well.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and add minced onion, stir to combine. Add dressing to potato mixture and stir to combine. Chill for at least one hour before serving.
- Add all of the burger ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix to combine. Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts and form into patties.
- Heat a gas grill to medium heat. Place the patties on the grill and cook for 5 minutes. Flip the burgers and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and add a slice of swiss cheese to each burger. Close the grill cover and cook for 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove the burgers from the grill. Spread the bottom half of each bun with mayo, top with burger and top burger with avocado slices. Serve immediately with a side of potato salad.