These creamy twice baked potatoes get an added healthy punch from kale pesto, making them the ultimate comfort food!
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons kale pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Scrub potatoes, pierce with with a fork several times and brush with olive oil. Bake for 50 – 55 minutes or until tender. A fork should easily pierce the potato when done. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut potatoes in half lenghtwise. Scoop the potato flesh out from the skins and place in a medium mixing bowl. Be careful not to scoop through the skins. Place the skins back on the baking sheet.
- Using a potato masher or ricer, mash the potatoes until they are completely broken down.
- Add the yogurt, butter and milk to the potatoes. Mix well. Add the pesto, pepper, salt and shredded cheddar. Mix until combined.
- Divide the potato mixture evenly among the four potato skins. Top with shredded asiago cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until the potato mixture begins to brown on top. Remove from oven and cool a few minutes before serving.
Keywords: Comfort food