These vegetarian sandwiches are packed with both protein and taste. They make a great lunch or a fabulous party appetizer!
- 1 cup Great Northern white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 1/2 very ripe avocados
- 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 8–10 slices sourdough bread
- 4–5 slices roma tomato
- 1 tbsp avocado oil wasabi mayo (or flavored mayo of your choice)
- 1 cup of micro greens
- Place the beans in a medium bowl and mash with a potato masher or ricer. Mash until chunky with no whole beans left in the mixture. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Add the avocado, smashing slightly so a chunky mixture forms. Stir in the lime juice.
- Toast the sourdough bread. Cut each slice in half. Spread mayo on one slice. Top with avocado white bean mixture. Add tomato and micro greens and top with another slice of bread. Repeat until the white bean mixture is used up.
Depending on the size of the sourdough slices this should make 4-5 sandwiches. If you are using a skinny baguette type loaf you may need additional slices of bread.