This Watermelon, Feta & Mint Salad gets the added twist of some quinoa for a perfect summer party or picnic side dish!
- 1/3 cup white quinoa
- 6 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
- Place quinoa in a small saucepan and add 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Let cool slightly.
- Add watermelon and feta to a large mixing bowl. Add cooled quinoa, stir to combine. Add lime juice and olive oil; toss to coat. Top with chopped mint and serve.
If preparing prior to serving, wait to add the mint until just before serving.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 110
Keywords: Summer salads