Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
Bring this Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad, loaded with grilled corn and topped with a tangy lime dressing, to a summer BBQ and watch it disappear!
For the salad:
- 4 ears of sweet corn will yield approximately 2 cups once off the cob
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked cavatappi pasta
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup chopped red or orange bell pepper
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves chopped
- ⅓ cup crumbled cotija cheese optional
- Extra lime for serving if desired
For the dressing:
- ⅓ cup vegan mayo you can use regular if you prefer
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely minced jalapeno
Heat the grill. Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
Grill the corn. Husk the corn and rub with the olive oil. Place the corn on the grill and cook for 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes until all sides begin to char slightly.
Make the pasta. While the corn is cooking add the pasta to a large pot and just cover with water. Cook according to package directions (about 10 - 12 minutes) until the pasta is al dente. Drain the pasta and let cool slightly.
Strip the corn. When the corn is cooked, remove from the grill and let cool slightly. Remove the kernels from the cob using a sharp knife or corn removal tool.
Make the dressing. Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, using a fork to whisk everything together.
Assemble the salad. Add the pasta to a large mixing bowl. Add the corn, green onion, red onion, and cilantro. Mix well. Top with the dressing and toss to coat.
- If you don’t want a vegan version top with the cheese. If you want to keep it vegan, serve with the cheese on the side.