These crispy zucchini fritters are super easy to make and are the perfect way to sneak some tasty veggies into your meal!
For the zucchini cakes:
- 1 pound zucchini
- 1/2 tsp garlic olive oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp finely diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp Parmigiano-Reggiano
For the goat cheese mousse:
- 1/4 cup soft goat cheese
- 2 tbsp soft cream cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp sambal
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves, chopped
- Attach a shredding/grater blade to your food processor and grate the zucchini. Transfer to a cutting board covered with 2 layers of paper towel; cover with another paper towel and press to remove water. Let sit for 2-3 minutes and repeat.
- While the zucchini is draining, mix all the mousse ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Transfer zucchini to a medium bowl and add all remaining ingredients except for olive oil; mix well.
- Heat oil in a 12″ non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Use a small scoop to drop batter into skillet. Flatten with a spatula and cook for 2 minutes. Turn cakes and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Remove from pan and keep warm. Repeat with any remaining batter.
- Place fritters onto serving dishes and top with goat cheese mousse or this Tzatziki sauce. Serve immediately.