These zucchini noodles topped with basil-almond pesto make a perfect vegetarian side dish or light meal!
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 cup basil leaves, packed
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons roasted pepitas
- 1/2 cup micro greens
- 1 ounce pancetta, chopped and cooked until crispy (optional)
- Using a spiralizer, turn the zucchini into noodles. Place on several paper towels, roll up and squeeze out excess water. Leave rolled and let sit until you are ready to sauté.
- Place the basil, garlic, almonds and parmesan in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a standard blade. Pulse several times until the mixture begins to incorporate. With the motor running slowly pour in 3 tablespoons of olive oil and continue to process until fully incorporated. Remove pesto from food processor and set aside in a small bowl until ready to use.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini noodles and sauté for 3-5 minutes until just tender. Remove from heat and add pesto to the pan. Mix until the zucchini is coated.
- Divide the zucchini noodles between two bowls or plates, top with pepitas and micro greens. If using pancetta, add that and then serve.
- If you are not planning to eat all of the zucchini noodles at once I’d recommend refrigerating the zucchini and pesto separately until ready to serve. Then sauté just before serving.
- Nutrition information does not include the pancetta
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 340