Frozen desserts are a summer must-have. These creamy lemon popsicles are made with greek yogurt, lemon juice, honey, lemon curd and a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs for the ultimate summer treat!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase a product via these links, I will earn a small commission which helps to keep this blog running!
I’m a huge fan of lemon desserts! But I’ve also been trying to eat a bit healthier so as much as I wanted to make these with homemade ice cream I decided to go with yogurt instead. Specifically greek yogurt.
Greek yogurt gives your popsicles a nice, creamy texture. It’s also easy to find – you may already have some in your refrigerator. When mixed with honey and lemon it also gives you a slightly sweet tang!
The best part of all? These creamy lemon popsicles are made with three simple ingredients – yogurt, lemon juice, and honey – that’s it! If you want to get a little fancy you can add some lemon curd and graham cracker crumbs to the mix.
Tips for Making Popsicles
The process of making these popsicles is really easy and only requires a few simple steps.
Mix: Place the yogurt, lemon juice and honey in a bowl. Blend until smooth.
Taste: Greek yogurt is a bit tart on its own so when you add lemon juice it can get really tart. Be sure to give the mixture a taste and make sure that it is sweet enough for you. If you want it to be sweeter add in more honey. The amount of honey you need will vary depending on what type of yogurt you use. These are supposed to be on the tart side but be sure to add enough honey so you are happy with the taste.
Pour: Divide the mixture between six popsicle molds. Lightly tap the molds on the counter to make sure the mixture goes all the way to the bottom of the mold and to get out any air pockets. If desired, add the lemon curd and graham cracker crumbs. Place the cover on the mold (insert sticks if you are not using a mold with sticks built-in).
Freeze: Place the popsicles in the freezer and freeze for at least 4 hours or ideally, overnight.
Unmold: The easiest and most efficient way to remove popsicles from the molds is by simply running the mold under warm water. I just hold the molds under warm running then after a few seconds the popsicles should easily release from the molds.
Additonal notes from the kitchen
If you don’t have popsicle molds you can use dixie cups to form the popsicles. You’ll want to put them in the freezer for about 2 hours before you insert the popsicle sticks. Then continue freezing for at least another two hours.
A note about the ingredients
These popsicles only require four simple ingredients, and also include two optional ingredients if you want to add a little bit of a twist.
- Plain Greek Yogurt: Use your favorite brand. I personally like European style yogurt so if you can find it in your area I’d highly recommend Straus Family Creamery!
- Lemon Juice: You’ll want to use fresh lemon juice here. You’ll need one or maybe one and a half lemons depending on the size.
- Graham Craker Crumbs: I recently discovered that you can buy graham cracker crumbs pre-made. I know, it’s a bit lazy and you only need a small amount for this recipe but very useful if you are also making cheesecake or something that calls for a lot of them!
- Lemon curd: This is completely optional but I think adding a little gives the popsicles a nice sweet ending. You can make your own using the lemon curd section of this recipe or you can also find it pre-made in some stores.
More great summer desserts
If you are a fan of dessert, check out these other summer favorties.
things you might want for this recipe
Popsicle Molds – There are many different types of molds you can buy. I happen to like this one as it is BPA-free and has re-usable sticks. If you prefer a more traditional looking popsicle with a wooden stick I’d recommend this mold.
- 2 ½ cups plain greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4-6 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons lemon curd, optional
- 3 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs, optional
- Make the popsicle mixture. Mix the yogurt, lemon juice, and 4 tablespoons of honey in a small mixing bowl. Taste the mixture to be sure it's sweet enough for you. If desired, add additional honey until you are happy with the taste.
- Mold the popsicles. Using a small spoon, divide the mixture between six popsicle molds. Lightly tap the molds on the counter to make sure you get rid of any air bubbles and get the mixture all the way to the bottom of the mold.
- Add the extras. If desired, add a tablespoon of lemon curd to each popsicle mold and then top with a ½ tablespoon of graham cracker crumbs. Carefully insert the sticks into the molds.
- Freeze the popsicles. Freeze for at least 4 hours, but ideally overnight. Before removing from the mold, be sure the popsicles are frozen solid.