These Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars are the perfect blend of a cookie and a granola bar!
THINGS YOU’LL NEED FOR THIS RECIPE
KitchenAid Stand Mixer – I just love my stand mixer – it’s one of my favorite kitchen tools. If you don’t have one, you can use a hand mixer.
8X8 Baking Pan – A pan this size is also another kitchen staple that I recommend everyone have. It’s great for brownies or small sheet cakes, and you can bake chicken breasts in it too!
Cooking spray – While you can grease the pan with butter I prefer using this cooking spray from King Arthur Flour.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (I prefer King Arthur)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt to a small mixing bowl, whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Place brown sugar and apple sauce in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on medium until combined. Add coconut oil, egg, and vanilla. Beat on medium-low until blended. With mixer running, slowly add flour mixture. Beat until blended, scraping down sides as needed.
- Remove mixing bowl from mixer and add the oats. Stir until combined. Then add the almonds and chocolate chips and continue mixing until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes; until a knife or toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 15 – 30 minutes.
Keywords: Healthy snacks