Ice cream is really the quintessential summertime treat! If you can make whipped cream you can make homemade ice cream! Seriously, it's really that easy. A good stand mixer and some patience will give you this amazing no-churn salted caramel ice cream in just a few hours.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase one of the products via the product link, I’ll receive a small commission.
I've always been a huge fan of ice cream. I love just about any flavor though in recent years salted caramel has become one of my favorites. As much as I love ice cream I always thought it was complicated to make and wasn't sure if no-churn ice cream would taste like "real" ice cream.
So when I was thinking about summer desserts for the blog I realized it would be the perfect time to try making no-churn ice cream. And I'm not kidding when I say it's as easy as making whipped cream! Seriously, the hardest part of this recipe is waiting for it freeze so you can actually eat it - well actually, making the salted caramel sauce is a little harder than the waiting part but even that is easy and it gives you something to do for 15 minutes of your waiting time!! 🙂
How do you make No-Churn Ice Cream?
Step One. Whip the cream. This is best done using a stand mixer as you want fairly stiff peaks to form before you add any other ingredients.
Step Two. Add the condensed milk and vanilla. Beat again until just combined with the whipped cream.
Step Three. Start the freezing process. If you are making your own salted caramel you can do it while the ice cream begins to set.
Step Four. Add the salted caramel. After about an hour, remove the ice cream from the freezer and mix the caramel in. Return to the freezer and continue to freeze until set. This will take 3-4 hours more depending on your freezer and the container used.
Step Five. Enjoy!!
Want more tasty sweet summer treats? Check out these Grilled Peaches with Whipped Mascarpone or these Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries. Or if you want a collection several tasty ideas, check out this post about the Best Desserts for your next Summer Party.
things you may want for this recipe
Ice Cream Freezer Container – You can use a loaf pan or other freezer-safe container to make ice cream but this one makes it easy to scoop the ice cream and is constructed to help the ice cream freeze a little faster.
No Churn Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup salted caramel sauce
- Whip the cream. Add the cream to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk. Whip on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Add the condensed milk and vanilla. Beat again until just combined with the whipped cream.
- Start the freezing process.Pour the mixture into an ice cream freezer container or other freezer safe container. Cover with lid or plastic wrap. Freeze for about an hour. If you are making your own salted caramel sauce you can do it will the ice cream begins to set.
- Add the salted caramel sauce.After about an hour, remove the ice cream from the freezer and mix in the salted caramel sauce. Use a large spoon to swirl it throughout the ice cream. Return the ice cream to the freezer until set. This will take about 3-4 hours more depending on your freezer and the container you use.
- Serve and enjoy!