This creamy Sun-dried Tomato Asiago Cheese Dip has only 5 ingredients and is the perfect solution for a quick holiday party appetizer when entertaining friends and family!
sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dean's DairyPure® the opinions and text are all my own.
With the holiday season upon us, that means busy days filled with shopping, wrapping, cooking and, of course, holiday parties. The holidays are all about connecting with friends and family but sometimes that makes for hectic days and nights. So when a last-minute party invitation pops up and you need to bring something or you want to add something quick and easy to your own holiday cocktail party buffet party, this easy 5-ingredient Sundried Tomato Asiago Cheese Dip is the perfect solution!
I've been making this dip for years. I love it because it's super easy to make and full of flavor. This dip begins with a base of Dean’s DairyPure® Sour Cream. I use the light version but either light or regular works just fine. Then you just add four simple ingredients – olive oil mayonnaise, green onions, and sun-dried tomatoes and asiago. Mix it all together, bake for 30 minutes and serve with toasted bread, your favorite crackers or some raw veggies. Entertaining your friends and family for the holidays has never been easier!
Cooking and Baking with Sour Cream
When I’ve been asked about the ingredients in this dip people are often surprised to find its sour cream based. Yes, it is ok to cook or bake with sour cream. Sour cream is actually a great base for hot dips as it gives them a nice texture. It’s also great for baking. Adding sour cream means your holiday baked goods will stay nice and moist.
Check out DairyPureSimplyHolidays.com for more recipe ideas using sour cream, including more easy 5 ingredient recipes and coupons for savings on DairyPure® products!
Additional Notes from the Kitchen
- Using julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes is the preference in this recipe because it cuts down the prep time by not having to chop them. You just pour the entire bag into the mixing bowl. They are available in the produce section of most grocery stores, however if you can’t find them you can always use whole sun-dried tomatoes and chop them up.
- Looking for other tasty party dips? Check out this Caramelized Onion Dip or this tasty Grilled Black Bean and Corn Salsa.
things you may want for this recipe
Dean's DairyPure® Sour Cream – When I’m using sour cream I always turn to DairyPure® for its fresh taste.
Small Baking Dish – Having a small baking dish like this in your kitchen is super handy. It works for everything from hot dips to baking a single chicken breast. And if you have a larger toaster oven it may even fit in there too!
Sun-dried Tomato Asiago Cheese Dip
- 16 oz Dean’s DairyPure® sour cream, light or regular
- ¾ cup olive oil mayonnaise
- ½ cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 3- ounce package julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 ounces asiago cheese, grated and divided
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Spray a small (9x5) baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, onions, sun-dried tomatoes and 1 ½ ounces of the asiago. Mix well.
- Pour the sour cream mixture into the baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining asiago cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly on the edges.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toasted bread, crackers or raw veggies.